Thursday, February 24, 2011

Looking for Alibrandi Chapter 6 and 7


Plot Summary (key events that have happened):

Josie has her second encounter with Michael Andretti in this chapter

Some of the cultural differences between Italy and Australia are highlighted here
Josie discovers her grandmother's past
Nonna and Josie have qualities in common
Nonna, Christina and Josie all like Australian men

Challenges faced by the character(s)/information revealed about character (s):
You find out about Nonnas past and how awful it was for her

Important quotations (supporting evidence):
Christina and Michael discuss Josie in nonnas kitchen. Michael's statement, 'It's too late. Seventeen-year-olds don't need a father.' (Page 66)

"Do you need money?
I beg your pardon?
I can set up a fund for her
I needed money eighteen years ago Michael.
I need nothing but a piece of mind."
(all Christina really wanted was support)

"Its too late. Seventeen-year-olds dont need fathers.
Oh god michael, im thirty four years old and i need a father. I can't even begin to think what my daughter needs."
(He doesnt know how to be a dad and is scared)
Definition of three words:

No comments:

Post a Comment